Welcome! My name is Rebecca, and I would love to photograph you. I live in Edmonton, Alberta (but I do love to travel!)
Operating Dragonfly Photography is hands-down, the best job I have ever had. When people ask me what I do for a living, and I tell them, they always ask if I like it. I get all geeky and dance up and down when I tell them – I love it, I love it!
- I have two amazing, energetic, loud and smart boys (so nothing your children do will phase me)
- I will probably be wearing a hot-pink scarf when I meet you. Other than that item of clothing, if I am wearing something cool or pretty, it was given to me by my best friend, because I would rather stick a fork in my thigh than go shopping.
- I do yoga – which is a great thing for being a photographer. I roll around on the ground, drop into a garland pose (I had to google that! It sounds much nicer than squat) to get the shot I want.
- I love food (sushi and Ethiopian are my favourites), coffee and dancing. I am not opposed to beer.
- I used to be really shy. Then I had children. Or something. I’m not sure what happened.
I also get super-excited about your life. It makes me really happy when you have a baby, because then I get to cuddle. I love having stressed-out moms of three-year-olds, who never thought they would get a “decent” photograph of their child write to me and tell me that they were brought to tears by the images I captured of their children.
Engagements and weddings are exciting – I love the sense of adventure. I love the enchantment that falls over a wedding when a groom sees his bride for the first time in her dress, and his whole face lights up at her beauty. It is entirely possible that I will cry. Fortunately I can focus my camera and cry at the same time.
Give me a shout. I would love to meet you.